Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Blown up MOTU!!!

Well yeah so one of the reasons I have not been around is my Audio Interface (the brain of my studio) has passed on. I was doing a routine clean up of the studio about 3 weeks ago and decided "Hey lets see if my Liquid Mix will work again" So I daisy chained it to my MOTU 192HD via firewire and lo and behold that was the end. Well not really the end, I spent a week trouble shooting and re-installing everything and eventually diagnosed the problem to a blown circuit board.

Yeah so guess what this jackass had to do. I took my hard earned money that I was saving up to buy a new Macbook pro and spent it on a new PreSonus Fire Tube seen below



Got a good discount thanks to Marc Thavenot but still I no closer to my Macbook pro. :(

Well okay enough sadness, time for some music. I had my interview at UTT with Mice and another guy who I can't remember his name although I know he did lighting for Fall Out Boy and Paul McCartney. The interview went well, I had to present a couple pieces as part of my portfolio and an audition piece. We were given a 16 track raw files from the Sessions of "Whats going on?" the Marvin Gaye song. Unfortunately I was given it on a Thursday afternoon and had a gig that night and had my interview on Friday afternoon. So I only got 2-3 hours to mix the track. Check it out here and maybe let me know what you guys think.

Download it here

http://www.sendspace.com/file/50po7c

Well thats about it just some arbitrary work and Oh I'm actually doing my 1st album with my band CheckList. I think it's coming out pretty awesome. The guys in the band are amazing musicians and I think this album will be some of the more interesting rock related works to come out of Trinidad in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment